Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Beautiful World

Time, or rather the perception of time, is something I'll never be able to comprehend. One week from tomorrow, I'm taking a plane home and leaving Jerusalem, possibly never to return. How is it that the past three months have crawled by so slowly, yet sped by so fast? I'm looking forward to going home, of course--with family, friends, and a loving fiance waiting anxiously for my return, how could I not be? A whole new life awaits, and I'm eager to see where it takes me. And yet, leaving this place will be bittersweet. I suppose one of the risks of being a traveller is that you leave a piece of your heart wherever you go, and with all of the places I've been the past few months, I feel like parts of me are scattered all across the Middle East. So, in memory of the places that have changed my life and touched my heart, I'm posting these pictures. It's a beautiful world, and I hope to be able to see more of it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment