Sunday, April 19, 2009

Eye Candy: Hair Clips

I'm sure this is old news to many bloggers, but I recently discovered the posy hair clips and pins sold by Lindsey, the creative owner of the Pleated Poppy shop and blog, and I'm officially hooked. I have yet to make an order, though I do check out her shop almost daily just to gaze longingly at those little fabric flowers. They're sold in groups of three, so I'm sure that if I ever find the perfect combination I'll rush to buy it.



A word to the wise: her products tend to sell really quickly, so if you find a combination that you like, it's best to grab it while you can!



Pretty :)

What you may not have heard of is Hensapir. I found her a few weeks ago as we were exploring Tel Aviv, Israel, and when my friends and I saw her cute and creative hair clips, it was instant love.







Or maybe she just appealed to our sweet tooth. Now, there's just one problem with her website: it's all in Hebrew. So maybe you could see if you can get Google to translate the page for you, or maybe you could shoot her an email... or maybe you could do it yourself. I couldn't tell what it was that she covered the edibles in, but it was some sort of hard, clear lacquer, so maybe some of you craftier types could come up with an idea. Looking at her creations made me realize how limitless the possibilities can be. She didn't restrict herself to just food, either:



So really, anything can be turned into some good eye candy, with the right vision. Mess around, get creative, make it your own--you never know what you might come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    My name is Hen from Tel Aviv, Israel, and I am the artist of the Sweet Hair Clips, the Clips you showed at your blog.

    I have come across your blog, and was glad to see that you liked my clips and wrote about them in your beautiful blog.

    I read also about what your wrote that my website is in Hebrew, and you are right!

    Now i'm working on an online Shop in English.
    If you would like to talk about my new website in your blog I will appreciate it.

    I am also working on a Facebook in English.
    I will update you with the new Facebook of my clips.

    Thank you for been interested in the Sweet Hair clips and good luck!

    Hope to talk again.

    Hen
    p.s i send this massage from a friends email
    My Email is bennizrihan@walla.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing wonderful info, Found your post interesting, can not wait to see more from you. Good luck for upcoming post!!! You can also read more from Clips

    ReplyDelete