Friday, April 17, 2009

A Walk Through the Souk

It occurred to me this morning that today was going to be my last Friday here in Jerusalem, and I hadn't even gone to the souk on a Friday yet! The reason this is even significant is because Friday is the day before the Jewish shabbat, and because shabbat starts at sunset Friday night, everybody's out doing their shopping on Friday, and the vendors sell challah (shabbat bread). So I went with some friends there today, and, as predicted, the place was packed! It was so much fun, though, even though I hardly bought anything because I forgot I hadn't been to the money changer's yet, and I only had 7 shekels in my pocket (less than $2). I just took some pictures, tried to drink it all in, and was reminded once again of why it'll be so hard to leave this place.











Yep. I'm going to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment